Bogus bounce message.

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 21:15:32 CET 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:33:12 -0500 John Culleton
<john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to set up bogofilter to automatically generate a bogus
> bounce message in reply to spam? Over time this would reduce the
> incoming from certain spam lists. I use kmail on Slackware Linux
> 13.0.

This assumes that the reply-to address is the address of the spammer,
which is more-than-likely not the case. I have received spam bounced
back to my address, since the spammer had used my address to send spam
to dead addresses. All this will do is to increase the amount of spam
running across the internet.

Best thing is to let bogofilter get rid of it and then you can ignore
if,

--
 All the best,
 John