Bogus bounce message.

Doug dsc3507 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 20:00:57 CET 2010

I agree, responding to any spam is a bad idea, on the other hand what you
shoulld be doing if you are running a mail server like sendmail is instituting
an access list that blacklists the mail BEFORE it is accepted. The server sends
a reject back to the sending system saying that mail is rejected and the
actually message is never accepted. Also there are many services setup to do
this via your email server. The idea is to reject it BEFORE it is accepted. I
would say 2/3's of my incoming mail is rejected in this way. BOGO still nets
about 200 spams a day after that! If you don't have the luxury of running your
own server and your provider does not have any spam rejection then your only
choice is to catch it and trash it!

Responding in any way to a SPAM after it is delivered just makes you a spammer
also and in most cases it will just go in the bit bucket or be undeliverable. It
may also be used to show that hit a good mailbox and you will in turn get more
spam.

At last check 90% of Internet email was spam!!!

Doug Crompton
WA3DSP
www.crompton.com