Is whitelisting possible?

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 7 02:01:44 CET 2010

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 09:08:58 -0500
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 10:13:29 +0000
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> > I subscribe to Magnatune, so I get frequent emails from them
> > describing new releases.  Every time the email ends up in the Unsure
> > folder.  Every time, I copy it to the ham training folder, but the
> > content is so variable, I think, that Bogofilter is never able to
> > classify it properly.  Is there any way that I can add weighting
> > that would make this into definitely ham?
>
> Patience is the key. I've seen the training process take a long
> time.

I find that spam is sometimes hard to learn, but ham is always
learned very quickly - this is across several statistical filters, not
just Bogofilter.

I suspect that a part of this is that I use disposable addresses,
particularly for website sign-ups This typically adds a couple of pure
ham tokens that will help to nudge weak results into ham
classifications.