Is whitelisting possible?

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Sat Dec 4 11:27:38 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 10:07:57AM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I subscribe to Magnatune, so I get frequent emails from them describing new
> releases.  Every time the email ends up in the Unsure folder.  Every time, I
> copy it to the ham training folder, but the content is so variable, I think,
> that Bogofilter is never able to classify it properly.  Is there any way that
> I can add weighting that would make this into definitely ham?  Currently
> Bogofilter marks them with anything from 1% to 49.9999% probbility of being
> spam, with the majority being in the 47-49% range.

I donno how you integrated bogofilter in your setup but if you utilize something
like procmail you can use a black- and whitelist in front of bogofilter. E.g.

DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/new
WHITELIST=$PROCMAILDIR/whitelist.txt
BLACKLIST=$PROCMAILDIR/blacklist.txt
### clasic white- and blacklist ###
:0
* ? test -f $WHITELIST
* ? formail -x"From" -x"From:" -x"Sender:" -x"Reply-To:" -x"Return-Path:" -x"To:" | egrep -is -f $WHITELIST
$DEFAULT

:0
* ? test -f $BLACKLIST
* ? formail -x"From" -x"From:" -x"Sender:" -x"Reply-To:" -x"Return-Path:" -x"To:" | egrep -is -f $BLACKLIST
/dev/null

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.