Is whitelisting possible?

Charles A Edwards eslrahc at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 4 16:55:52 CET 2010

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 09:08:58 -0500
David Relson wrote:

> > I subscribe to Magnatune, so I get frequent emails from them
> > describing new releases.  Every time the email ends up in the Unsure
> > folder.  Every time, I copy it to the ham training folder, but the
> > content is so variable, I think, that Bogofilter is never able to
> > classify it properly.  Is there any way that I can add weighting
> > that would make this into definitely ham?  Currently Bogofilter
> > marks them with anything from 1% to 49.9999% probbility of being
> > spam, with the majority being in the 47-49% range.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hello Anne,
>
> 'Tis good to hear from one of my friends from my Mandrake days :->
>
> Patience is the key. I've seen the training process take a long
> time.
>
> When the same junk mail comes to several users _I_ think it's spam,
> though bogofilter may not recognize it as such.  So I train.  As more
> copies of the same junk comes in, I keep training.  Over time the
> score increases and the classification changes from ham to unsure and
> (eventually) to spam.
>
> At present I have 2 messages that have progressed from ham to unsure.
> I'm keeping up the training knowing that eventually they'll progress
> to spam.
>
> I also have email from Border's books that is classified as spam.
> Training with that will eventually move it to ham.

Well here's another old buddy.

You might want to look at the manner in which the bogofilter-plugin is
implemented in claws-mail.

With claws-mail by adding a sender to the addressbook all subsequent
mail from that sender is whitelisted and set spamicity=0.

Here's a header example
enough have gone through now that they are now classified as ham.

    Charles

--
I want to reach your mind -- where is it currently located?