logging region size (was: Minimum usable counts)

Stephen Davies scldad at sdc.com.au
Wed Jun 24 03:01:26 CEST 2009

G'day Matthias.

Requested information is attached.

I just had to increase the logging region yet again. This time to 3Mb.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Stephen

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 23:57:09 Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 17.06.2009, 10:27 Uhr, schrieb Stephen Davies <scldad at sdc.com.au>:
> > Recently, I have been getting :
> >
> > Logging region out of memory; you may need to increase its size.
> >
> > fairly frequently.
> >
> > I keep on increasing set_lg_regionmax (and it is now set to 2097152) but
> > a few days or weeks later, the error returns.
> >
> > What determines how big this area should be and what is a practical
> > maximum setting?
>
> AFAICT from a cursory glance at the BerkeleyDB docs, the logging region
> contains filenames. The default size is <100 kB AFAICT, so 2 MB seems
> huge. Are you keeping old log.0000012345 files around?
>
> Can I see your output of:
>
> 1. bogofilter -V
>
> 2. bogofilter -QQ
>
> 3. cat .bogofilter/DB_CONFIG
>
> 4. (abbreviate as needed) ls -la ~/.bogofilter
>
> Thank you.

Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                             Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Fax  : 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                            Mobile:040 304 0583
                                          VoIP:sip:1132210 at sip1.bbpglobal.com