logging region size (was: Minimum usable counts)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Jun 23 16:27:09 CEST 2009

Am 17.06.2009, 10:27 Uhr, schrieb Stephen Davies <scldad at sdc.com.au>:

> Recently, I have been getting :
>
> Logging region out of memory; you may need to increase its size.
>
> fairly frequently.
>
> I keep on increasing set_lg_regionmax (and it is now set to 2097152) but
> a few days or weeks later, the error returns.
>
> What determines how big this area should be and what is a practical
> maximum setting?

AFAICT from a cursory glance at the BerkeleyDB docs, the logging region
contains filenames. The default size is <100 kB AFAICT, so 2 MB seems
huge. Are you keeping old log.0000012345 files around?

Can I see your output of:

1. bogofilter -V

2. bogofilter -QQ

3. cat .bogofilter/DB_CONFIG

4. (abbreviate as needed) ls -la ~/.bogofilter

Thank you.