Minimum usable counts [was: Question]

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 13:41:12 CEST 2009

Am 17.06.2009, 10:27 Uhr, schrieb Stephen Davies <scldad at sdc.com.au>:

> Recently, I have been getting :
>
> Logging region out of memory; you may need to increase its size.
>
> fairly frequently.
>
> I keep on increasing set_lg_regionmax (and it is now set to 2097152) but
> a few days or weeks later, the error returns.
>
> What determines how big this area should be and what is a practical
> maximum setting?

Without looking at the code or BDB specs, I think the region size would
depend on the size of the transaction, and perhaps how many database pages
it needs to touch; i. e. how many messages and/or tokens are being
registered.

Are you getting this error on bulk updates, or in "bogofilter -u" mode, or
on certain regular bogoutil or bogotune runs?

Does the database verify properly (bogoutil --db-verify
.bogofilter/wordlist.db)?

What else can you share about your setup?