new spamitarium version

Thomas Anderson tanderson at orderamidchaos.com
Thu Aug 13 21:46:22 CEST 2009

Jimmy Tang wrote:
> annoyingly the above happens when i just use mail as my client, I guess
> there is something wrong with my postfix config. I don't suppose anyone
> else has come across a similar problem where postfix "forgets" to add the
> "from" headers needed for spf checking in spamitarium? I'll poke around
> google for more info.

The best solution I think would be to try to get postfix to actually
include "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" or your actual IP address into that
header.

Alternatively, I'm not sure how you actually call spamitarium from
postfix, but if there's a way to detect at that point whether the mail
is local or not (environment variable?), you could call it differently
-- i.e. without the "p" flag.

Finally, there's nothing inherently wrong with allowing spamitarium to
post spf-error in your header for emails delivered in this way.  Just
train it as ham and it should be fine.  If you get spams similarly
lacking such info or generating other errors, that token will merely
become neutral.  It should not adversely affect your bogofilter scoring.

Tom