new spamitarium version

Thomas Anderson tanderson at orderamidchaos.com
Thu Aug 13 18:31:18 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 14:36 +0100, Jimmy Tang wrote:

> the machine that i am logged into NONAME, should be covered by our spf
> records in our dns servers.
>
> so the scenario is userA on machineA sends userB on machineA and mail
> is delivered locally with out leaving the server, the above X-SPF:
> error happens. I'm not sure if its just the way our mail servers are
> configured or if spamitarium needs an extra check for locally delivered
> mail?

The SPF verification is done via the "received" line.  I can see that
you have no information at all following "from".  That is why it could
not determine an SPF policy.  At the very least, your server should fill
in "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" or something.  Otherwise there is no way
to check your DNS servers for a policy for that sender or even to
whitelist it.  At the point Spamitarium is run, it cannot know that this
was a locally delivered email other than with that header.

Tom