persistent spam missed by bogofilter.

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 17:56:37 CEST 2008

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:35:02 +0200 Nigel Henry
<cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> If you're regularly running the bogofilter training program on them,
> they should not be turning up in the inbox, or the unsure box for
> that matter.

I'm not sure if this is possible on Kmail, but I train bogofilter,
automatically, on every unsure email. This keeps spam down to about two
or three a day maximum.

One question: have you adjusted the spam cutoff? The default is 99%,
which is great for initial training but is way too high for regular
running. I ask because most people who post here complaining that spam
isn't being caught turn out not to have adjusted this. Apologies if you
have done this,

--
 All the best,
 John