persistent spam missed by bogofilter.

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Mon Sep 8 17:35:02 CEST 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008 16:03, John Culleton wrote:
> I get several messages a day concerning imitation timepieces.  The
> word xxxxxxxx without dashes of course is in the subject line of
> each. I always classify them as spam manually. For some reason
> bogofilter misses them. Is there a way that I can manually put this
> word in the bogofilter criteria? I can set up my own filter in Kmail
> but that seems to negate the need for an adaptive spam filter.

I get a load of those, and bogofilter on Kmail correctly classifies them as
spam, and sends then to my spamcheck box, where I can check them before
sending them to the trashcan.

Where are they turning up for you? In the inbox, or the unsure box.

If you're regularly running the bogofilter training program on them, they
should not be turning up in the inbox, or the unsure box for that matter.

Most of what turns up in my unsure box, is when the spammers reconfigure their
spam for the "get a bigger xxxxx" stuff, and bogofilter is no longer sure if
it's spam or not. Another training session fixes that for a while, until the
spammers try a different approach.

Nigel.