mailbox vs maildir

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Sat May 10 11:17:35 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 09:54:59AM +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 10 May 2008 00:18, David Relson wrote:

Hi,

> > So the
> > question becomes:  Where have all the newbies gone with their questions?
> >
> I'd hazard a guess.  For some reason bogofilter is not as well known as
> spamassassin, and doesn't get the publicity.  Consequently people generally
> come to bogofilter on recommendation, often because SA doesn't perform as
> they wish.  I assume that their source gives them any preliminary
> hand-holding.

Hehe I'd add that bogofilter comes with sane defaults, is stable (I don't
even vaguely remember when I trashed my wordlist.db last time) and simply
works out of the box. :)

I've deployed it for my family and friends on the server side so that they
don't have to mess with it. That might have taken away some user questions
aswell.

To be fair I've been told that SA is a lot better these days then in the
beginning and it can be integrated into a full fledged amavisd-new setup
without a lot of hassle. I guss it still requires some tuning now and then
which I don't need with bogofilter.

Cheers,
Sven