mailbox vs maildir

Thomas Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Mon May 12 18:55:51 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 11:17 +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> Hehe I'd add that bogofilter comes with sane defaults, is stable (I don't
> even vaguely remember when I trashed my wordlist.db last time) and simply
> works out of the box. :)
>
> I've deployed it for my family and friends on the server side so that they
> don't have to mess with it. That might have taken away some user questions
> aswell.
>
> To be fair I've been told that SA is a lot better these days then in the
> beginning and it can be integrated into a full fledged amavisd-new setup
> without a lot of hassle. I guss it still requires some tuning now and then
> which I don't need with bogofilter.
>
> Cheers,
> Sven

I wish this were the case, but I don't see how it's possible.
Bogofilter, by design, requires training and tuning to work its best.  I
can't see how you could ever do better than 75-85% accuracy without
tuning.  And without training, it can do nothing.  So how do you have it
set up so that your users don't have to mess with it at all?  Surely
they at least identify corrections for you to make?

Tom