How do I filter out spam that turns up on mailing lists?

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Mon Jan 7 21:08:04 CET 2008

Nigel Henry wrote:
> Cutting to the chase. There has just been another batch of spam getting
> through Debian mail filters, and has turned up in my Debian mailbox, so it
> appears that bogofilter was not able to detect the Debian list spam when it
> processed all the incoming mail.
>
> Any suggestions on how to deal with mailing list spam?

Yep, just keep training on it.  It will take some time for the Debian
list headers to become more neutral, thus allowing the spam tokens to
shine through.  You can try recursive training to speed up the process
-- that is, train the spam, test it's spamicity, and train again if it's
still too low, then repeat.  Bfproxy has an option to do this
automatically for you.

Tom