Bogofilter Behaviour on encountering error is unacceptable.

K T Ligesh ligesh at lxlabs.com
Wed Feb 21 00:37:05 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 12:09:32AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Rant: I am not at all surprised that a qmail user is being rude with
> others, that seams to be built into people lured into that piece of
> software. Not that I'd endorse qmail on technical grounds either:
> <http://home.pages.de/~mandree/qmail-bugs.html>

 :-) I didn't mean to be rude. It is just that when someone makes complaint about the basic design, the developers tend to feel defensive. I was sort of thinking aloud about the ideal way in which _I think_ a spam filter should behave.

> >  What I want is the default behaviour to be sane. As in, when it finds something is wrong, it should just outtput the entire mail unaltered and print the error message in stderr.  I found that only when it encounteres error does it munge the mails, and otherwise it DOES work.  I can write a wrapper to check the bogofilter error message, and if bogofilter is exiting non-zero, then output the entire message. But maybe this could be made into a command line option?
>
> No. As written earlier based on suspect, integrate properly, then it
> will be robust.

 For the present, I think I will go with my c program. I don't want to add another layer over this. I just want the mails to be returned unharmed on error.

Thanks.