interacting with database

Peter Likarish peter-likarish at uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 20 23:44:23 CET 2007

Hello all,

Question: What is the format of the value BLOB in wordlist.db and is
there a way to translate that into integer good/bad counts (w/out using
bogoutils)?

Background:
I've trained bogofilter and now I'm interested in interacting directly
with the database (I'm using sqlite).  To be clear, I want to integrate
the trained database directly into a browser and use a storage
interface, bypassing bogofilter commands if possible (one reason for
this is that the extension I am working on will work on Windows--as far
as I can tell no one's made bogofilter do that as of yet).
I've managed to open a connection to the database and can run simple
queries fetching key values from the db.  However, I cannot figure out
what format the value BLOB is in and I get an error attempting to read it.

Could someone clue me in?  I'd appreciate it,

--
Peter Likarish
Graduate Research Assistant