Bogofilter on an imap server

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Aug 31 08:44:09 CEST 2007

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I've been running bogofilter for some time with kmail.  Now, however, all mail
> is coming from an imap server (dovecot+procmail), so I'd like to be able to
> run it at server level.
>
> Each user has his own bogofilter database.  Is it sufficient to put
>
>       :0
>       * ? /usr/bin/bogofilter
>       spam/.
>
> at the beginning of each .procmailrc?  That's what is recommended in the
> document I found on-line, but I'm not sure I understand it.  What tells it
> where to file the spam?  Do I set a destination line in the usual way?

Don't use it.  It neglects to filter the body through bogofilter,
doesn't do unsure treatment or error recovery.

Where did you find it? Please tell the author of the site to correct it
or take it down, and please Cc: me; if it's somewhere in the official
bogofilter pages (www.bogofilter.org or bogofilter.sourceforge.net),
just follow up on this post and we'll correct it.

WRT delivery, check the procmailrc(5) man page, the trailing /. is
special to procmail.