RDMS

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Nov 23 05:48:17 CET 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:36:12 -0500
Tom Allison wrote:

> will bogofilter ever do RDMS instead of Berkeley?
>
> I'm trying to set up bogofilter for a slightly bigger email system
> than I've been using in the past.  While it's been very effective, I
> just can seem to rationalize the complexity of maintaining all these
> seperate files for users preferences and word lists.
>
> I know SpamAssassin did this with their Bayes wordlists and found
> that initially it was very painful, but as the number of inserts
> decays over time the performance comes back.  But I am violently
> opposed to the hacked up methods of SA.  They have large lists of
> exclusions in their bayesian filter objects that now have to be
> maintained along with everything else.  Lots of work.
>
> Just wondering...

Hi Tom,

I see you're back exploring alternatives :->

As you're probably aware, bogofilter presently supports BerkeleyDB and
SQLite3.  In the past qdbm was also supported. All this is (was)
possible because bogofilter's architecture has a database layer that
uses an api to communicates with database specific modules. If you (or
someone else) cares to implement RDBMS support, then it will happen.

Regards,