Spam in images

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 22:27:24 CEST 2006

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:31:47 -0700 Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com> wrote:

> Glad to hear it. I'm still getting a dozen unsures every day. I'm
> guessing it takes a few hundred to train properly. Oh wait! Looking at
> my spam folder, it does appear that a lot of these messages are
> getting tagged as spam after all. But there are so many of them!

Can't comment on bogofilter, since I started with a couple of thousand
presorted spam and ham messages to train on, but my first Bayesian
filter - SpamBayes - only needed about thirty or forty messages before
it began to get the hang of my mail.

I suspect any Bayesian filter will learn equally fast. I suspect the
speed is in the mathematics, not the software,

--
 All the best,
 John