Spam in images

Tony L. Svanstrom tony at moon.pp.se
Mon Aug 7 22:46:46 CEST 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 the voices made John G Walker write:

JGW> Can't comment on bogofilter, since I started with a couple of thousand
JGW> presorted spam and ham messages to train on, but my first Bayesian
JGW> filter - SpamBayes - only needed about thirty or forty messages before
JGW> it began to get the hang of my mail.
JGW>
JGW> I suspect any Bayesian filter will learn equally fast. I suspect the
JGW> speed is in the mathematics, not the software,

 Well, it's not always that simple; if there's not enough information for the
filter to do its magic then it won't work.

 Sure, if these e-mails are looking "too random", then the filters will be
updated so that they can find the patterns that they can't find today; but
there's a limit to how far you can take that without risking that unexpected
e-mails from new senders are classified as spam.

	/Tony
--