BDB corruption problem

Laurent CARON lcaron at apartia.fr
Fri Apr 14 09:17:51 CEST 2006

David Relson wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:34:25 +0200
> Laurent CARON wrote:
>
>> Matthias Andree wrote:

>>> Then the only idea I have is that bogofilter, or the program invoking
>>> it in the same process group, is aborted during registration or
>>> bogofilter -u operations.
>>>
>>> Switching to transactional mode (see README.db) would help if the
>>> corruption arises from aborted bogofilter processes.
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>>
>> I'll try it.
>>
>> Any drawback in using transactional mode?
>
> Hello Laurent,
>
> Nothing of significance.  Transactional mode needs a log file but
> bogofilter's instructs BerkeleyDB to start a new one periodically and
> the old one gets deleted (with the default behavior of
> db_log_autoremove).  This results is a bit of extra processing time and
> a bit more disk space used.  It also results in greater reliability.

I'm still getting those annoying errors while under heavy use:

eg:

for i in *
do
	cat $i | bogofilter -d /home/bogotransac/ -s; echo $i
done
bogofilter[23292]: cannot join environment: Resource temporarily unavailable
bogofilter[23292]: (db) DB->get(TXN=0,  'DOOR' ), err: -30974,
DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
bogofilter[23311]: cannot join environment: Resource temporarily unavailable
bogofilter[23311]: (db) DB->get(TXN=0,  'DORE' ), err: -30974,
DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
bogofilter[23357]: cannot join environment: Resource temporarily unavailable
bogofilter[23357]: (db) DB->get(TXN=0,  'DONT' ), err: -30974,
DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

while in transac mode.... :$