BDB corruption problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Apr 14 10:48:45 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:17:51 +0200
Laurent CARON wrote:

> eg:
>
> for i in *
> do
> 	cat $i | bogofilter -d /home/bogotransac/ -s; echo $i
> done
> bogofilter[23292]: cannot join environment: Resource temporarily unavailable
> bogofilter[23292]: (db) DB->get(TXN=0,  'DOOR' ), err: -30974,
> DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
> bogofilter[23311]: cannot join environment: Resource temporarily unavailable
> bogofilter[23311]: (db) DB->get(TXN=0,  'DORE' ), err: -30974,
> DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
> bogofilter[23357]: cannot join environment: Resource temporarily unavailable
> bogofilter[23357]: (db) DB->get(TXN=0,  'DONT' ), err: -30974,
> DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
>

> while in transac mode.... :$

Hi Laurent,

When you built bogofilter, did you run "make check"?  Several of the
checks test database locking by running multiple registration processes
(like you're doing).  Where there any problems reported by "make check"?

How many copies of bogofilter do you have running simulaneously?

My system is currently running a backup (making the hard drive busy,
but not the CPU) so I can't really do a meaningful test at the moment.
However, for what it's worth, I've attached script that spawns multiple
copies of itself and each copy registers a bunch of messages.  It runs
without trouble on my workstatation (Mandriva 2006.0, 2.5Ghz, 1GB ram,
bogofilter 1.0.2).

Regards,