BDB corruption problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Apr 14 03:38:18 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:34:25 +0200
Laurent CARON wrote:

> Matthias Andree wrote:

> >> Never
> >
> > Then the only idea I have is that bogofilter, or the program invoking
> > it in the same process group, is aborted during registration or
> > bogofilter -u operations.
> >
> > Switching to transactional mode (see README.db) would help if the
> > corruption arises from aborted bogofilter processes.
> >
> > HTH,
> >

> I'll try it.
>
> Any drawback in using transactional mode?

Hello Laurent,

Nothing of significance.  Transactional mode needs a log file but
bogofilter's instructs BerkeleyDB to start a new one periodically and
the old one gets deleted (with the default behavior of
db_log_autoremove).  This results is a bit of extra processing time and
a bit more disk space used.  It also results in greater reliability.

HTH,