Script Changes [was: bf_compact]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon May 16 01:54:25 CEST 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005 01:31:03 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> >    cd bogofilter_dir
> >    bogoutil -d wordlist.db | bogoutil -l wordlist.new
> >    mv wordlist.db wordlist.save
>
> Make that ln so that concurrent read-only processes continue to work.
>
> >    mv wordlist.new wordlist.db
>
> As long as Berkeley DB uses one database per file, this should be fine.
>
> >> We should probably review all of our documentation if it's still
> >> current, if it's complete and polish it before the release. The bf_*
> >> scripts lack documentation big time.
> >
> > Go for it.  I'm willing to way a few more hours for updated
> > documentation (but _no_ code changes) before building and releasing
> > 0.94.12.  Can you finish the job by midnight GMT???
>
> I think I'm done (-> CVS).
>
> >> Not necessarily, and at least way simpler than guessing around with
> >> realpath, getcwd and similar warts. The program is quite simple, find a
> >> copy attached.
> >
> > Pleasantly simple!  I'm against _any_ last minute code changes, though
> > documentation changes are fine.  We can add bogo_ustat for 0.94.13
>
> Or 0.95 perhaps - new features after a "stable release" aren't right,
> unless they fix a major bug. This one doesn't, it fixes a mere
> inconvenience that is also documented by now.

Matthias,

I'm looking at the changes to bf_tar, particularly the expectation that
the path be absolute.  Surely there's a better way to do this!

With the options used in bf_tar, bogoutil is listing file names.
Surely it can be smarter and prepend the directory name.  This would
give a consistent set of filenames and we could discard the absolute/
relative path check.

However, as stated before I want to limit the changes between 0.94.12
and 0.94.13 to documentation.  I've not decided yet, but I'm thinking
of rolling back the bf_tar changes.