bf_compact

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon May 16 01:31:03 CEST 2005

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

>    cd bogofilter_dir
>    bogoutil -d wordlist.db | bogoutil -l wordlist.new
>    mv wordlist.db wordlist.save

Make that ln so that concurrent read-only processes continue to work.

>    mv wordlist.new wordlist.db

As long as Berkeley DB uses one database per file, this should be fine.

>> We should probably review all of our documentation if it's still
>> current, if it's complete and polish it before the release. The bf_*
>> scripts lack documentation big time.
>
> Go for it.  I'm willing to way a few more hours for updated
> documentation (but _no_ code changes) before building and releasing
> 0.94.12.  Can you finish the job by midnight GMT???

I think I'm done (-> CVS).

>> Not necessarily, and at least way simpler than guessing around with
>> realpath, getcwd and similar warts. The program is quite simple, find a
>> copy attached.
>
> Pleasantly simple!  I'm against _any_ last minute code changes, though
> documentation changes are fine.  We can add bogo_ustat for 0.94.13

Or 0.95 perhaps - new features after a "stable release" aren't right,
unless they fix a major bug. This one doesn't, it fixes a mere
inconvenience that is also documented by now.