A tristate question.

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Mar 19 15:09:54 CET 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:04:51 +0100
Laurent Darrambide wrote:

> I understood now the way to reclassify mail, but i'm always puzzled by
> the unsure mode.
>
> I trained bogofilter with >30k good and >12k spam messages.
>
> I now don't use anymore the -u switch, only relying on the flag mode (eg
> no autolearning anymore).
>
> I read the docs (before being asked to) but I still have few questions:
>
> 1. I don't acheive to manage thresholds correctly:
>
> I've got headers saying

> These are actual(real) spams, but flagged as unsure.
> How and what to modify to get them flagged as spam?

The spam_cutoff option in bogofilter.cf sets the dividing line.  If you
want the above messages to be considered spam, set the line to
"spam_cutoff=0.49" (or something similar).

Warning: Be sure to monitory your spam after such a change.  WhenI've seen ham with scores significantly higher than

> 2. In my actual mode, will bogofilter -s update the database and mark
> further identical spam (score and/or identical mails) as spam?
>
> 3. Since 0.94.1 upgrade, I dont have  __db.*,lockfile and log.* files.
> It seems anormal to me, bf_resize doesn't work anymore (No database
> files in "." found)
>
> 4. I hate the ## stuff in config for selecting options. A more "normal"
> xxx=yes or xxx=1 style would be more intuitive I suppose.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Configuration: Debian Sid, Bogofilter 0.94.1, libdb4.3 version 4.3.27-2
>
> --
> Laurent Darrambide, France
> GNU/Linux Debian Sid, kernel 2.6.10 - Mutt 1.5.6

David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson at osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800