Excessive memory usage: bug?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Mar 16 13:32:52 CET 2005

JUANVAQUEROPONC <JUANVAQUEROPONC at terra.es> writes:

> I did:
> formail <spam.mbx -s bogofilter -s
> and everything went OK. Then I did:
> for i in ~/Mail/*; do formail <"$i" -s bogofilter -n; done
> and started to get (lots of):
> bogofilter: (db) DB->get(TXN=0,  'news' ), err: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
> and after a while bogofilter process hung and I had to kill it.

- which bogofilter version?

- any other error messages, disk out of space?

- any other bogofilter related processes running at the same time?

BTW, bogofilter should get killed automatically after 30 s if hung
inside transactions code.

As David suggests, retry with the latest version - preferably from CVS
this time.