bogofilter maintenance

prlwytzkofski2000 at xs4all.nl prlwytzkofski2000 at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 16 15:11:52 CET 2005

Hi Schizo,

"This looks to me like an issue with Debian builds of bogofilter and
Berkeley DB.  Have you queried the Debian project about this problem?"

---
Prlwytzkofski : I didn't , but it sounds to me like mr. Relson is
correct. A warning during "aptitude upgrade" would have been nice, so
there is time to dump the database beforehand. Or maybe just do a full
DB dump/backup/switch with each bogofilter upgrade, just to be safe.
Don't know enough about apt/dpkg to know if that's even possible though...

Anyway, just fyi, next time I will follow this procedure before upgrading.

Regards,