Train from many IMAP/Maildir folders

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 17 00:08:23 CET 2005

On 16-Feb-2005, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Bogofilter has no integral IMAP client. It can however read mbox
> files, Maildir directories, MH folders and rmail batch files.

Good news, thanks.

> > $ (some_command spam-folder-foo/ spam-folder-bar/) | bogofilter -s
> > $ (some_command ham-folder-baz/ ham-folder-moo/) | bogofilter -n
>
> For the supported folder formats, these might look like:
>
> bogofilter -sMB some-spam-MH-folder/ some-spam-Maildir/ some-spam-mbox
> bogofilter -nMB some-pizza-MH-folder/ some-pasta-Maildir/ some-ham-mbox

Great, thank you.

> I'm not sure what format Cyrus uses to store its databases

Some kind of binary blobs, unreadable by anything else.  It's for that
reason that I don't use Cyrus :-)  I use an IMAP server that uses
Maildir folders (in this case, the IMAP server from the Courier MTA).

--
 \      "Not using Microsoft products is like being a non-smoker 40 or |
  `\    50 years ago:  You can choose not to smoke, yourself, but it's |