No X-Bogosity Gen'd in Headers

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 28 03:42:33 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:25:19 -0400
David Relson disseminated the following:

> > I've been over the manpage and FAQ, but cannot see where I am going wrong.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
>
> Hi Joe,
>
> I bet you want to add the X-Bogosity line to the message's headers,
> right?  For that you need to use the '-p' (passthrough) option.
>
> Take another look at what you've been reading and see if (1)
> passthrough is there and (2) if the description is adequate or not.

You got me :-/, I missed that.

> As a newbie, your feedback on difficulties like this is very valuable
> -- and helps us improve the docs.

Well, I don't quite understand anything after the first sentence of the
passthrough explanation, but of course that has little to do with the quality of
the documentation, if you catch my meaning.

So, I'm thinking it should be:

:0HB:
* ? bogofilter -v -u -p
$MAILDIR/bogospam

...but then I see this the stuff about 'pipes' and 'sockets', and...

And jeez, it's a small world, eh?

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
21:31:10 up 65 days, 22:40, 7 users, load average: 0.21, 0.17, 0.10