No X-Bogosity Gen'd in Headers

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Apr 28 03:25:19 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:20:27 -0400
JoeHill wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just started using Bogofilter, and it's working very well so far. Many thanks!
> One thing I cannot figure out: according to the FAQ:
>
>  Using "-v" causes bogofilter to generate the "X-Bogosity:" header line
>
> ...but I am seeing no such line in any of the headers.
>
> This is how I am calling Bogofilter from Procmail:
>
> :0HB:
> * ? bogofilter -v -u
> $MAILDIR/bogospam
>
> I've been over the manpage and FAQ, but cannot see where I am going wrong.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Hi Joe,

I bet you want to add the X-Bogosity line to the message's headers,
right?  For that you need to use the '-p' (passthrough) option.

Take another look at what you've been reading and see if (1)
passthrough is there and (2) if the description is adequate or not.

As a newbie, your feedback on difficulties like this is very valuable
-- and helps us improve the docs.

Regards,