OT Re: Virus on the list

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Sun Oct 31 23:33:09 CET 2004

brenda at wallace.net.nz said:
> i find that clamAV slows my desktop PC to a crawl.  I have it set to scan
> emails that pass through bogofilter and spam assassin  without being caught..
> Spamassassin can be slow at times, taking up to 5 seconds to scan something -
>  but clamav takes a good 30 seconds to scan an email on my 1.6GHz machine
> with  1/2 GB ram

Hum, takes less time than that on my PIII 1GHz laptop with 512MB of RAM.
Generally speaking when fetchmail finishes then that is it.

Make sure that you are only passing stuff to clamAV that might actually
contain a virus. So no attachment, no virus don't scan.

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195