Confirming false results

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Oct 26 13:14:58 CEST 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:00:42 -0400 (EDT)
Tom Diehl wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick question, if I have users that use pop boxes and filter
> spam with their mua based on the header, what is the correct way to
> send misclassified messages back to the server for training? IOW: can
> I just forward it to a spam or ham email address to be captured for
> later processing or will the extra headers added by the forwarding
> process mess with the training process?
>
> The docs seem to indicate that what I want to do is OK but I just
> wanted to be sure.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom

Hello Tom,

Welcome to the mailing list!

Here's what I think will work.  Give it a try and, please, report back
how well it works:

1) Use your mailer's "forward as attachment" capability to send it to
the ham/spam mailboxes.

2) In processing the mailboxes, use these steps:
   a) Run formail to separate messages
   b) For each message in (a) use the "mime.get.rfc822" script
      distributed with bogofilter to extract the original message
   c) Run bogofilter on the result of (b)

Also, a perl script named bfproxy is a contrib included in the
bogofilter distribution.  It's a helper script with step (2c).  If you
encounter questions on its use, post them to the list and its author
will help you.

HTH,