copying wordlists [was: upgrade 0.93.1]

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Wed Nov 24 12:02:09 CET 2004

David Relson wrote:

>>But the bogoutil dump/load isn't all that's needed to compact the
>>database... ?
>

> As stated above, bf_compact is available on sourceforge.  0.93.1 was
> released with lots of documentation, but not the bf_copy and bf_compact
> scripts.  People having trouble with copying and compacting wordlists
> because they hadn't read the documentation prompted writing the scripts.
>  The next release will include the scripts.  However it'll be a little
> while before the release because Matthias is working on some thorny
> issues with respect to environments and using multiple wordlists.

I was using bogoutil -d as a daily database backup.
But it seems that I've lost this capability with the new transactional
system.  With DB_CONFIG settins up to 65536 I still cannot dump the
wordlist.  I have 112976 tokens.  Considering the errors, would it make
sense to remove the -d option?

So the only tools for maintenance are these bf_* utilities?