copying wordlists

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Nov 24 12:31:27 CET 2004

Tom Allison <tallison at tacocat.net> writes:

> David Relson wrote:
>
>>> But the bogoutil dump/load isn't all that's needed to compact the
>>> database... ?
>> As stated above, bf_compact is available on sourceforge.  0.93.1 was
>> released with lots of documentation, but not the bf_copy and bf_compact
>> scripts.  People having trouble with copying and compacting wordlists
>> because they hadn't read the documentation prompted writing the scripts.
>>  The next release will include the scripts.  However it'll be a little
>> while before the release because Matthias is working on some thorny
>> issues with respect to environments and using multiple wordlists.
>>

> I was using bogoutil -d as a daily database backup.
> But it seems that I've lost this capability with the new transactional
> system.

No, you haven't.
I have 148,194 tokens in the database, and I have this DB_CONFIG:

set_lk_max_locks 6144
set_lk_max_objects 8192

It may be necessary to increase this figures for lower page sizes,
Berkeley DB picked 4096 bytes page size for me.

Remember to run bogoutil -f ~/.bogofilter
after changing these settings.

If you have the complete output of bogoutil -d in a file, you can
restore by just killing everything except DB_CONFIG and then using
bogoutil -l, just like it always was.