Integrating Bogofilter as Filter in Sylpheed Claws

Charles A Edwards eslrahc at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 12 20:33:45 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:32:12 -0500
Scott Fringer wrote:

>   SC is running fine, and bogofilter on the cli processes
> messages fine.  When I create a test filter per instructions from a SC
> list member (and confirmed via a Google search) I get no processing
> that I can tell.  The filter entry I have created is:
>
> test "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -I %F" color 1

It should be
 test "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -I < %F" color 1

Why color it at all?
Create a new folder Spam_Box (use your choice for name)
The filter I use
test "/usr/bin/bogofilter < %F" move "#mh/Mailbox/inbox/Spam_Box"

I check Spam_Box daily for any messages which might have been
miss-classified and take the appropriate action.
For me it would mean moving/coping the message to folder NONSPAM
and the appropriate folder.

For spam which is not caught I use an Action
Menu name Bogofilter
Command line /usr/bin/bogofilter -s -v < %f
and then move the message to folder SPAM

I set-up a cron job which runs daily
/home/charles/bin/bogolearn.sh

bogolearn.sh is the following executable file

#!/bin/sh

# /home/charles/bin/bogolearn.sh
# train bogofilter with new spam and non-spam
# user is assumed to be 'charles'

BOGOFILTER="/usr/bin/bogofilter";
GOODDIR="/home/charles/Mail/inbox/NONSPAM";
SPAMDIR="/home/charles/Mail/SPAM";

cd $SPAMDIR
cat * | $BOGOFILTER -s
cd $GOODDIR;
cat * | $BOGOFILTER -n

On this system I currently have 474 in NONSPAM and 2167 in SPAM.
Bogofilter misses maybe 1 spam in 50 but with my set-up it is yet to
miss-classify a message as spam.

    Charles

--
You work very hard.  Don't try to think as well.