Integrating Bogofilter as Filter in Sylpheed Claws

Scott Fringer fringsm at is2.hsnet.ufl.edu
Fri Nov 12 18:32:12 CET 2004

Hello,
  I am trying to get bogofilter integrated into Sylpheed-claws as a
filter for spam.  Hence, I have posted this to both lists (per a
recommendation from David Relson).

  SC is running fine, and bogofilter on the cli processes
messages fine.  When I create a test filter per instructions from a SC
list member (and confirmed via a Google search) I get no processing that
I can tell.  The filter entry I have created is:

test "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -I %F" color 1

  This doesn't catch anything (I'm simply coloring the message now to
verify filter functionality).

  If I change the filter to a negative test:

~test "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -I %F" color 1

  Everything is caught and colored.  So, it seems I've either missed
something in my test, or things have changed with newer versions of SC
and/or bogofilter.

  I am running Sylpheed-claws 0.9.12b and bogofilter 0.93.0 (also tried
with 0.92.8) both with BerkleyDB 4.2.52.

  I'm doing no pre-processing outside of SC.  Mail is received through
sendmail, and then pulled into SC straight from my mail spool.

  Any pointers/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott Fringer                              Shands Healthcare @ U.F.
Technical Analyst II                       Gainesville, FL