Integrating Bogofilter as Filter in Sylpheed Claws

Scott Fringer fringsm at is2.hsnet.ufl.edu
Fri Nov 12 20:40:34 CET 2004

Charles,

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:33:45 -0500 Charles A Edwards wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:32:12 -0500
> Scott Fringer wrote:
>
> >   SC is running fine, and bogofilter on the cli processes
> > messages fine.  When I create a test filter per instructions from a
> > SC list member (and confirmed via a Google search) I get no
> > processing that I can tell.  The filter entry I have created is:
> >
> > test "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -I %F" color 1
>

> It should be
>  test "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -I < %F" color 1

Thanks, not sure how I missed that simple character.  Adjustment made.

> Why color it at all?
> Create a new folder Spam_Box (use your choice for name)
> The filter I use
> test "/usr/bin/bogofilter < %F" move "#mh/Mailbox/inbox/Spam_Box"

The color was simply a quick way during debug to keep from ferreting
everything back out of my SPAM mailbox.  I actually was moving it, but
the first time I ran it, everything ended up there.

> I check Spam_Box daily for any messages which might have been
> miss-classified and take the appropriate action.
> For me it would mean moving/coping the message to folder NONSPAM
> and the appropriate folder.
>
> For spam which is not caught I use an Action
> Menu name Bogofilter
> Command line /usr/bin/bogofilter -s -v < %f
> and then move the message to folder SPAM

That's a very handy addition to the process.  Thanks much!

> I set-up a cron job which runs daily
> /home/charles/bin/bogolearn.sh

This, too, is a nice addition.  Since I'm just starting with this
pairing, I'll be sure to add this to my toolkit.

Thanks much for your insightful reply.

Scott