Building on FreeBSD fails

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Jun 8 15:29:50 CEST 2004

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:20:48 +0200
Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
>
> >> I try to build bogofilter on a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE machine (I
> >> am not root!). I get this message:
>
> I should have added that it happens with 0.17.5 and 0.91.1.
>
> > Do ask the basic questions:  Is this the first time you've built on
> > FreeBSD?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Do you have the BerkeleyDB development package installed?
>
> I have no clue#-)
>
> > If you look at config.log, near the end there should be messages
> > about BerkeleyDB.
>
> `grep -i Berkeley config.log` returns nothing
>
> Also looking for bd does not give any information I can
> relate to this.
>
> > I'd expect the last few such messages to have the
> > information that's relevant.  If you'd post the last 10 or 15 such
> > lines, I don't think anybody would mind.
>
> It's like the following, but I don't see anything relevant:

./configure is a great tool in that it does a whole lot of useful stuff.
 However it gets pretty big and its output file (config.log) also gets
big, which oftem makes it hard to figure out what has gone wrong.

Look in config.log at the lines before all those #define statements.  In
particular look (from end of the file towards its beginning) for error
messages.  Those messages (and the related lines before and after them)
are where the desired info is.