Building on FreeBSD fails

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Tue Jun 8 14:20:48 CEST 2004

David Relson wrote:

>> I try to build bogofilter on a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE machine (I
>> am not root!). I get this message:

I should have added that it happens with 0.17.5 and 0.91.1.

> Do ask the basic questions:  Is this the first time you've built on
> FreeBSD?

Yes.

> Do you have the BerkeleyDB development package installed?

I have no clue#-)

> If you look at config.log, near the end there should be messages about
> BerkeleyDB.

`grep -i Berkeley config.log` returns nothing

Also looking for bd does not give any information I can
relate to this.

> I'd expect the last few such messages to have the
> information that's relevant.  If you'd post the last 10 or 15 such
> lines, I don't think anybody would mind.

It's like the following, but I don't see anything relevant:

#define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
#define HAVE_U_INT16_T 1
#define HAVE_U_INT32_T 1
#define HAVE_U_INT8_T 1
#define HAVE_VPRINTF 1
#define HAVE_VSNPRINTF 1
#define PACKAGE "bogofilter"
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_NAME "bogofilter"
#define PACKAGE_STRING "bogofilter 0.17.5"
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "bogofilter"
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.17.5"
#define PROTOTYPES 1
#define RETSIGTYPE void
#define SELECT_TYPE_ARG1 int
#define SELECT_TYPE_ARG234 (fd_set *)
#define SELECT_TYPE_ARG5 (struct timeval *)
#define SIZEOF_INT 4
#define SIZEOF_LONG 4
#define SIZEOF_SHORT 2
#define SIZEOF_SIZE_T 4