Multitasking

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Jul 15 04:52:45 CEST 2004

Dave Stubbs <dave.stubbs at utoronto.ca> writes:

> failed to push those messages through bogofilter.  Since it only happens
> during floods like that, I'm wondering if the wordlist database has a
> limit on concurrent accesses.

Bogofilter does not impose an arbitrary limit so it should be somewhere
around 100 to 1000 processes, depending on process and kernel limits
imposed by the operating system (if any).

Are you using a local lock file on your bogofilter line?

Do you have procmail logging that might shed some light?

Do you have error handling? You _must_ add explicit error handling to
.procmailrc else procmail will do as it pleases but not please you.

I'd like to recommend maildrop
http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php#maildrop
which is a lot more robust and doesn't need explicit error handling to
do the right thing, unlike procmail...

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)