Bogofilter DB Sizing

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Jul 1 14:19:41 CEST 2004

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:21:40 +0100
Mike Grice wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently working on implementing bogofilter as part of a
> site-wide installation, however one concern I have is DB size.  Is
> there any way to keep a users wordlist below a certain size, or
> perhaps expire tokens over say a certain time limit of age?
>
> The installation uses no real system users but uses the -d option to
> specify different database directories per (virtual) user.
>
> The primary concern is that as the system scales and ages, the disk
> usage will grow to an unacceptable level...
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

Hi Mike,

Size control is easy if you're using postfix.  It has a
mailbox_size_limit parameter which limits the size of files used in
processes it runs, for example bogofilter's wordlist.db!!!

Bogoutil has maintenance capabilites which allow discarding tokens based
on age or counts.  There's more info in the bogoutil man page and
bogofilter's FAQ.

Regards,