Bogofilter DB Sizing

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jul 2 14:44:40 CEST 2004

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Size control is easy if you're using postfix.  It has a
> mailbox_size_limit parameter which limits the size of files used in
> processes it runs, for example bogofilter's wordlist.db!!!

The problem is that bogofilter quits working if it notices in time that
the DB is close to the limit, or, if it doesn't notice in time or
becomes the victim of a race, it may bump hard into the limit,
corrupting the data base.

The TXN version will survive such events without permanent loss of data,
but I would not yet recommend it for production, for the
recovery-and-DB_ENV-resize issue is still open.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)