bogus bogotuning

Jason A. Smith jazbo at jazbo.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 29 00:32:12 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 17:57, Greg Louis wrote:
> I don't know what you run, but on a pentium 1.2 with half a gig of ram
> all that takes 47 seconds.  Add 15 more for me to type in the command
> to do it, because I am a slow typist.  One minute two seconds.

First, my gateway/mail server is an old P2 350MHz.  Second, its not
useful to argue over the exact amount of time, the point is that it is
more effort times every new version of bogofilter that is released, and
all for a simple trivial change.

> I don't recall, in this whole thread, seeing you attempt to address the
> negative effect I have repeatedly postulated: encouraging naïve users
> to waste time with worthless bogotune runs.

Why do you assume it encourages?  I have addressed this point
repeatedly, namely the warning!  The warning would do the exact opposite
of encouragement and I think it would be more informative than just
saying "Sorry, your not allowed to run bogotune now, try again later."

~Jason