bogus bogotuning

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Thu Jan 29 00:49:10 CET 2004

Jason A. Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 17:57, Greg Louis wrote:
> > I don't know what you run, but on a pentium 1.2 with half a gig of
> > ram all that takes 47 seconds.  Add 15 more for me to type in the
> > command to do it, because I am a slow typist.  One minute two
> > seconds.

> First, my gateway/mail server is an old P2 350MHz.  Second, its not
> useful to argue over the exact amount of time, the point is that it
> is more effort times every new version of bogofilter that is
> released, and all for a simple trivial change.

So, go ahead and patch the source. Put the patch on your web page or
post it here. If other people find it useful then they'll ask to
include that patch into the mainstream code. Then the main developers
can think of it again. If nobody ask for that, then it's no big deal
for you to do the patch manually (as do I).

But please start to do something and not just to ask others to do it
for you!

--
Stefan Bellon