paths and permissions

Joerg Over Dexia over at dexia.de
Mon Feb 23 08:51:19 CET 2004

Am 16:52 21.02.2004 -0500 teilte David Relson mir folgendes mit:
->there's email for "charlie", he has write access to the file.
A test
->shows that the following environment variables are set:
->
->    DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/charlie
->    EUID=1022
->    LOGNAME=charlie
->    ORGMAIL=/var/spool/mail/charlie
->    UID=1022
->
->Don't ask me how this all works since I don't know.  Does one
of you?

Works as designed. You can, and probably did, specify an account
in the (/etc/postfix/)master.cf the script is supposed to run
under.

JO
| Joerg M. Over   Abt. EDV   |  Dexia Hypothekenbank Berlin AG  |
| email:     over at dexia.de   |  Fon  (030)25598-124   Fax -201  |
| This message is confidential; its contents do not constitute a|
| commitment by Dexia Hypothekenbank Berlin AG. Any unauthorized|
| disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is |
| prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the      |
| message, please notify the sender immediately.                |