Tricky

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Feb 1 14:32:52 CET 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:33:48 +0000
Simon Huggins wrote:

> Hi bogofilter,
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 08:53:29PM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> > An interesting trick in the spam below.
>
> I should probably just unsubscribe from the bogofilter list but do you
> think it might be an idea to create a bogofilter-new-spam or something
> list to discuss spam and post it so that people never have to corrupt
> their DBs with messages sent to this list?
>
> Simon.

Simon,

With bogofilter's use of many tokens from each email in scoring, I've
yet to see a problem caused by one or two misclassified tokens.

I apologize if I've corrupted your wordlist.  There was no such
intention.

I just included a small portion from the message so as not to trigger a
spam classification.

Assuming you're using procmail, maildrop, etc, you could whitelist the
mailing list with a simple test.  That'd keep list messages out of your
wordlist.

Cheers!