Tricky

Tig tigger at onemoremonkey.com
Sun Feb 1 14:00:47 CET 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:33:48 +0000
Simon Huggins <huggie at earth.li> wrote:

> Hi bogofilter,
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 08:53:29PM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> > An interesting trick in the spam below.
>
> I should probably just unsubscribe from the bogofilter list but do you
> think it might be an idea to create a bogofilter-new-spam or something
> list to discuss spam and post it so that people never have to corrupt
> their DBs with messages sent to this list?
>
> Simon.

Is this because you use the -u option on all email? I found that using
-u damaged my wordlist.db very quickly. So quickly I went back to not
using it.

The system I use here (only 2 users, but about 200 emails, 200 spam per
day) is to check all email at the server on the way in with just the -p
option. False positives (about 2 or 3 a day) are redirected to a ham@
account (which does the update). Spam that gets through (about 4 a day)
goes to spam at . The wordlist.db is about 2.5 meg. I tried using the -u
method and the spam started to flood in as well as false positives.

Anyway, thats how I use bogofilter and its great.

-Tig