compile time options

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Tue Sep 30 07:55:58 CEST 2003

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

>IMHO, we can just drop Graham's original method. I wonder if we should
>drop Robinson's original method; but in either case, we should just drop
>these --disable options, they add some baggage to the build system that
>isn't important given the total project size -- did someone say "lexer"
>:-)

Maybe it is really time for a major cleanup. People who
would be hurt by that (and cannot just change to the
remaining methods) cannot upgrade, but if we carefully
choose our options, this is good enough. I'd be willing to
go through the list of options and the config file to make
my suggestions.

First candidates for features besides the two old algorithms
are:
- Split database
- '-H' (header-degen) option (after say a month everybody
  who needs it can use 0.15.5)

pi